Managing Partner, International Financial Reporting
Askold Birin has worked in economics, accounting and audit since 1999.
Strong expertise in
audit of financial statements under RAS, IFRS and US GAAP
- advisory on accounting and reporting automation under RAS, IFRS and US GAAP
- consolidated financial reporting under IFRS and US GAAP for public companies and big holding companies
- IPO services, coordination of financial information preparation for prospectus and memoranda, comfort procedures
- preparation of strategic documents and regulations related to the accounting reform for the Russian Ministry of Finance.
Extensive experience in audit of financial statements under IFRS and RAS, preparation of consolidated financial statements under IFRS, elaboration of strategies to transit to IFRS, reporting automation, development of the corporate system for investor relations, development of the management decision-making system based on IFRS reporting.
- 2001–present FBK Grant Thornton, Partner, Director of International Financial Reporting and Assurance, Associate Director of International Financial Reporting and Assurance, Senior Expert, Expert of the Accounting and Audit Department
- 1998–2001 BDO Rufaudit-Tula, Senior Expert, Expert, Assistant
- 2016 INSEAD, Executive Master of Business Administration
- 1994–1998 Tula State University, Bachelor’s Degree in Management
- 1998–1999 Tula State University, Manager
- Chairman of the National Accounting Standards Board (NASB) of the NOFA Foundation
- Member of the Management Board of the NOFA Foundation
- Vice-Chairman of the Management Board of the NOFA Foundation
- Member of the European Accounting Association
- Member of the Self-Regulatory Organization of Auditors Association "Sodruzhestvo”