Partner, Director of FBK Strategic Analysis Institute
In 2006, Igor Nikolaev was awarded with an honorary distinction “in recognition for strengthened cooperation with the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation” due to his efforts to develop state financial control. He was also awarded with a diploma of the Eurasia Foundation for “the unique economic study of Russia’s potential” (2009). Igor is an author of over 350 publications in scientific and professional journals. He edited such books as “How Much Does Russia Cost” (2004) and “Strategic Analysis. Book of Reports Prepared by FBK” (2006). He has extensive experience in strategic advisory (macroeconomics, budgetary and investment policy, structural reforms) and teaching (Higher School of Economics since 1997). He was awarded with an honorary distinction of the Russian Risk Management Society “for contribution to the development of risk management in Russia” (2013).
Study “How Much Does Russia Cost: 10 Years Later” (2014)
Study “How Much Does Russia Cost” (2004)
Igor Nikolaev is responsible for strategic and macroeconomic analysis and preparation of related studies.
- 2000–present FBK Grant Thornton, Director of the Strategic Analysis Department. Head of FBK Strategic Analysis Institute since June 2013
- 1998–2000 Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation, Deputy Head of the Department of Economics
- 1997–1998 Central Office of the Government of the Russian Federation, Counsellor
- 1992–1996 Ministry of Science of the Russian Federation, Head of the Department for Analysis, Projecting and Priorities of Scientific Development, Deputy Head of the Scientific Progress Economic and Legal Regulation Department
- 1990–1992 State Committee for Science and Higher Education, Head of the Economics and Methodology Department
- 1986–1990 Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Economics, Department of Industrial Economics, Research Fellow
- 1996 PhD in Economics
- 1984 Lomonosov Moscow State University, Economist and Political Economy Teacher
Member of the Commission on Healthcare of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs