Government & public sector
Implementing consulting projects for government agencies and local government is one of the most important areas of FBK's work.
Our specific approach to the provision of consulting services to the public sector lies in its comprehensiveness, efficiency, and adaptation with respect to the emerging challenges of reforming Russia's state and local administration.
The legislation governing the economic environment is constantly changing, while changes in the structure, powers and competencies of government bodies and agencies are occurring all the time. As a result, it is necessary to implement new regulations and procedures, establish lines of authority and areas of responsibility and develop economic forecasting and modeling. Another important task is controling the efficiency of public authorities.
FBK has extensive experience in implementing such projects. Our experts have the knowledge, experience and excellent qualifications necessary to provide consulting services, develop methods and standards and conduct R&D and analytical studies focused on the public sector.
The expertise of FBK's staff is confirmed not only by our client references, research and scientific and practical publications in professional trade journals, but also by our continued participation in projects where we provide consulting support to public authorities at the federal, regional, and municipal levels and public sector organizations and enterprises with state involvement.
Our clients include state banks, state and municipal government authorities, and development corporations. We also provide consulting and analytical support on projects implemented by the Russian Federation together with international development institutions.
Our experts have participated in projects such as:
- a project to conduct the control function and a limited audit of the Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation
- a comprehensive financial analysis of the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation
- the development and implementation of an automated system for the Federal Treasury of the Russian Federation
- a special audit on the government funding mechanism for restructuring the coal industry
- legal support for innovative activity in the economy
- an analysis of the impact of macroeconomic factors on agricultural development in 2003-2006 and developing a forecast up to 2009
- technical assistance to Regional Finance Reform in the Russian Federation
- improving the efficiency of bankruptcy procedures in the Russian Federation
- administrative reform and civil service reform in the Russian Federation
- developing a method for monitoring the monetization of benefits
- analyzing the implementation of the annual State of the Union and Budget Address of the President of the Russian Federation when developing a forecast for the country's social and economic development for 2006-2008, the draft federal budget for 2006 and the medium-term financial plan for 2006-2008
- the internal control and audit of public sector organizations of the Russian Federation
- the modernization of the Tax Service
- developing a methodology for conducting budget audits at the regional and local levels of the budget system and a methodology for assessing the compliance of policies of the Russian Federation and municipal government with standard recommendations to improve the health of public finances
- developing the methodological basis for state and municipal financial control
- developing the methodological recommendations for applying the classification of transactions in public administration as part of the Treasury Modernization Project of the Russian Federation
- "Enhancement of Rospotrebnadzor institutionalization in the field of consumer rights protection at the financial market" under the Financial Education and Financial Literacy Project
- Monitoring and evaluation of "Russia Cultural Heritage" Project
- and many others
In 2012 alone we implemented projects for Rosoboronexport (consulting), the State Corporation Deposit Insurance Agency (valuation of Real Estate properties), the Ministry of Economic Development (R&D on tax incentives for innovative activity) and Russia's Ministry of Transport (R&D of a system of financial guarantees for the rights of passengers), as well as provided consulting on joint projects for the Ministry of Finance and the World Bank ("Improving The Public's Financial Literacy") and the Ministry of Culture and the World Bank ("Preservation and Promotion of Russia's Cultural Heritage").
We have implemented projects on reforming the budget process and regional finances, projects related to administrative reform and civil service reform in Russia and projects in the field of analytical and consulting support to solutions for public authorities.
Our clients have at various times included:
- the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Economic Development, the Ministry of Agriculture, RF Ministry of Culture, the Federal Treasury, the Federal Service for Financial and Budget Supervision, the Federal Tax Service, Rospotrebnadzor and other Russian federal executive bodies.
- government bodies and local self-government authorities of the Republic of Bashkortostan, the Komi Republic, the Republic of Tatarstan, Udmurtia, Chuvashia, Astrakhan and Volgograd and Irkutsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Novgorod, Tver and Chelyabinsk Regions and other subjects of the Russian Federation
- The World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the European Commission, and the UK Department for International Development.
- Federal and regional state authorities and local government, international organisations – FBK clients
- Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation
- Federal Centre for Project Finance
- Administration of the President and the Government of the Udmurt Republic
- State Unitary Enterprise Chukotka Autonomous District Chukotsnab
- Noncommercial Foundation for Enterprise Restructuring and Financial Institutions Development
- Ministry of Agriculture and Foodstuffs of the Republic of Tatarstan